Get Ready for Halloween!
Maola's Delectable Caramel Apples
Get ready to dive into a spook-tacular Halloween treat that’s fun to make with the whole family! Maola’s Delectable Caramel Apples are a delightful concoction that brings together crisp, cold apples, and rich and creamy Maola Heavy Whipping Cream for a taste sensation that’ll make your taste buds dance with joy. This recipe is not only a blast to make with the kids, but it’s also a mouthwatering masterpiece that’ll lead you right into the Halloween spirit!
- 1 and 3/4 cups Maola Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8–9 cold Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups packed light or dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Various crushed candies for coating
- Medium saucepan
- Candy thermometer
- 2 serving trays or plates
- Combine the Maola Heavy Whipping Cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir consistently until butter is melted, while keeping at medium heat.
- Brush down sides of pan with water-moistened brush and attach candy thermometer. Do not stir any further. Let cook until 235°F.
- While caramel is cooking, rinse apples and wipe dry. Remove stems and place stick through around a quarter of the way into the top of the apple. Crush candy and lay out on serving tray or plate.
- When caramel bubbles and reached 235°F (around 15-20 minutes), remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Allow caramel to cool for around 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Dip apples in caramel, coating the bottom half of the entire apple. Lift gently, allowing excess caramel to drip off.
- Roll caramel coated apple into candy of choice. Set on second serving tray. Allow to set for around an hour.