A Tasty Treat!
MAOLA HOMEMADE DOUGHNUTS
Paired with a chilled glass of Maola extra rich chocolate milk, these delicious homemade doughnuts will be a family recipe you will want to make over and over. Try below.
- 1 cup Maola Whole Milk
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Optional toppings: powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, glaze, or chocolate ganache
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon (if using).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Maola whole milk, eggs, and melted butter until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pot to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of about ½ inch.
- Use two different-sized round cookie cutters to cut out doughnuts and doughnut holes.
- Carefully place a few doughnuts into the hot oil, being cautious not to overcrowd the pot.
- Fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Use tongs to transfer the doughnuts to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Repeat the frying process with the remaining doughnuts and doughnut holes.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool slightly, then coat them in your desired toppings. You can sprinkle them with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar, or dip them in glaze or chocolate ganache.
- Serve the doughnuts warm and enjoy!